01 May 2005

Some of my herbs

Around autumn last year I scattered some lemon balm seeds in the garden out the back. I never saw anything come out and we let the weeds take over during winter. Spring arrived and it was nice and warm outside again. When we did the weeding we found we actually had a nice lemon balm herb growing in the garden bed.


Lemon balm

We also found that the mint had grown out of its pot and started growing in the ground nearby. The same thing happened in the front yard as well.


Eau de Cologne Mint

When I was still living in my old place I had a few plants growing on the balcony. Peppermint was one that grew particularly well. If you want to start new plants it's easy to do so from cuttings.


Eau de Cologne Mint


I had my rosemary hanging on the side of the balcony and it seemed to like that spot.


Rosemary